2020 January 27 Monday in Liberty Hill, Texas
‘m having trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep.
e had no heat on over night so it was sixty degrees inside when I got out of bed. I started a space heater but when I turned the convection oven on, it tripped a circuit breaker. Sho I turned the heater off until the biscuits were baked and the coffee was perked.
thought that the sun was going to burn through the fog or haze.
owever the foggy haze or hazy fog was too thick after all. The further east we drove this morning, the hazier it became.
here weren’t many people at the Georgetown senior center today. Maybe the fog kept them away. We arrived later than usual and left as soon as the meal was done.
he sky cleared about noon and stayed clear until sunset.
God bless and g’nite
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 120 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!
In the summer, Grandies also work to make available snack packs through Operation Liberty Hill for children who may not otherwise have enough food without a school in session. Additionally, they provide meals at Vacation Bible School. and host bake sales twice a year to raise funds for their important works.
Wednesdays, 9 a.m.
Currently meets at the OTHG building (3307 RR 1869)