2020 January 30 Thursday in Liberty Hill, Texas
Now this is a true throw back Thursday. This is my Teddy bear. Teddy was given to me by my sister on the day I was born, 73 years ago. To see more about Teddy, go to my other blog: https://tomandellajournal.wordpress.com/
loudy? Yep. Cloudy It began and cloudy it remained. See the “sunrise” photo below and compare it to the “sunset” photo and the end of this post.
made fry bread and eggs for breakfast. I also made a caramel apple pie with a crumb topping and walnut crust. I took it to the Over The Hill Gang* this morning and it all quickly disappeared,so I assume people liked it.
To see more, go to my other blog: https://tomandellajournal.wordpress.com/
here were forty seven senior citizens in attendance today for lunch. Lunch was bbq brisket cooked by Tresa, who also happens to be Ella ends my landlady at the Stocktank RV Park. The brisket was good. However, after having brisket at Brotherton’s Black Iron Barbeque yesterday, today’s meat was too dry for my liking.
adine and Lu played canasta with us. We had not taken our Fast Track game out of the truck from when we played yesterday at Grandies**. That was a good thing because Bill, Karen, Rex, and Blanca wanted to play it.
This was today’s sunset. Not very interesting.
God bless and g’nite
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 122 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!
In the summer, Grandies also work to make available snack packs through Operation Liberty Hill for children who may not otherwise have enough food without a school in session. Additionally, they provide meals at Vacation Bible School. and host bake sales twice a year to raise funds for their important works.
Wednesdays, 9 a.m.
Currently meets at the OTHG building (3307 RR 1869)