2020 February 07 Friday in Liberty Hill, Texas
See a fuller version puff this post on http://TomAndEllaJournal.WordPress.com
ell, I made it to sleep before midnight and slept straight through until my bladder demanded that I get up. That’s not too bad.
o more below freezing nights, at least for the next ten days. Although it is not all sunshine and roses. Five out of the next ten days have rain in the forecast.
s the sun works it way northward, it will soon be behind that light pole that is in most morning photos taken from my deck. I could take photos without it if I got warmly dressed and walked a hundred feet or so to the south.
oday Ella and I attended a Valentine’s Day Luncheon at the Leander UMC where the 50+ meetings and game days are held. This is an annual event held on the Friday before Valentine’s Day. Since next Friday is Valentine’s, this was the Friday before.
fter the meal there was a game. A slideshow projected photos of movie star couples and we had to write the names of the couples, the name of the movie, and/or their characters’ names. I knew something about all of the movies except “An Officer And A Gentleman” which I’ve never seen.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blog
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 129 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!