2020 February 08 Saturday in Liberty Hill, TexasFor a more complete story, go to, http://TomAndEllaJournal.WordPress.comot as much sleep as I had hoped for, but it gave me a chance to view the moon.There was no worry of our water supply freezing again last night. And with the sky so clear It should warm nicely today..few of us gathered to bag cookies for the annual Grandies** Valentine’s Day cookie sale at church. It only took about twenty minutes for three of us to split about twelve dozen cookies into bags of two each. This is one of several fund raisers for our group. It suit supports our ministries.nce again it was laundry day. Three washer loads and two dryers. As usual I took a short nap while Ella kept an eye on the laundry.fter the clothes were washed, mostly folded, and packed away for transport home, it was round for lunch. We couldn’t decide on what to eat. When undecided, go to a buffet. We went to Star Buffet.fter a leisurely lunch, we headed toward home. We didn’t get far before we were turned around by the police. Traffic was stopped at a railroad crossing.progression toward sunset with fast moving clouds. It made for some interesting photographs.IF YOU ENJOYED MY JOURNAL ENTRY, PLEASE CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR FOLLOW.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blog
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 130 in our Texas home
- *The Over The Hill Gang, (3307 RR 1869) Any area senior 50 years or older is invited to join for fellowship and a meal every Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The first meal is free; afterwards, individuals are asked to donate $6 for their meal.
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!
In the summer, Grandies also work to make available snack packs through Operation Liberty Hill for children who may not otherwise have enough food without a school in session. Additionally, they provide meals at Vacation Bible School. and host bake sales twice a year to raise funds for their important works.
Wednesdays, 9 a.m.
Currently meets at the OTHG building (3307 RR 1869)