2020 February 26 Ash Wednesday in Liberty Hill, Texas
am slowly easing my journaling to my other blog http://TomAndEllaJournal.com RVingFulltimeWithTomAndElla was originally set up to blog our RV journey. As both of our RVs are on, more or less, permanent sites now, it seems reasonable to change our focus to journaling this stage of our lives on http://TomAndEllaJournal.com.If you have been following this, the old site, I strongly encourage you to follow our continuing story on http://TomAndEllaJournal.com.By the end of March, I will either close this blog or only post things related to RVs.Thank you
hirty seven degrees? I will believe that. Feels like twenty eight, with gusts of twenty four miles per hour? I’ll grant you that also. But “Clear”? I can’t buy that at all! Not when I have the photographs to prove that it is cloudy.
lla fell head-down between the bed and the wall this morning. I had to help her get up and out. When I ask how she felt this morning, she replied, “Like $h!t.” I’ve seem her through a lot of bad times, but I have never seen her hurting like this.
oday began with fasting lab work at our local doctor’s. We arrived a couple minutes early for our eight o’clock appointment. It was about eight thirty when we got back for the blood draw.
hey attempted to get blood from Ella first. It didn’t work. So, they put a heat pad on her arm. While they were waiting to get blood from her, they took mine. When they tried her again, they succeeded in drawing enough blood for their samples.
e arrived at Grandies** just as they were starting. We stayed for the meeting, the roll call, the devotion, and the prayer. However, we did not stay for games. We came directly home, where Ella went to the bedroom and laid down. It wasn’t long until age was asleep.
lla stayed home and in bed when I went to six o’clock choir practice prior to the seven o’clock Ash Wednesday service.
- Thanks for stopping by.
- God bless and g’nite
Visit my other blogs
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- Visit my devotions blog new devotions every day (nearly)
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted most Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams
- Day 148 in our Texas home
- **Grandies welcomes those 50+ every week with friendship, games and a ministry to connect to others. As a special part of their ministry, Grandies sign and send greeting cards with inspirational messages to those serving in the military, the sick or homebound and church members celebrating happy milestones like birthdays and graduation. Since this ministry started, more than 3,300 cards have been sent!
In the summer, Grandies also work to make available snack packs through Operation Liberty Hill for children who may not otherwise have enough food without a school in session. Additionally, they provide meals at Vacation Bible School. and host bake sales twice a year to raise funds for their important works.
Wednesdays, 9 a.m.
Currently meets at the OTHG building (3307 RR 1869)